Friday, November 26, 2010

Successfully Marketing Your Blog and Your Product

I can't say I'm an expert at this yet, but I've been doing a lot of reading and experimenting to see what works and what doesn't. I haven't gotten a lot of sales on my jewelry but I am getting more people looking at my items, blog, flicker,etc. I think two of the most important things are your tags and keywords and pictures. I've been working on improving my pictures and I'm keeping a list of tags that are becoming more specific and descriptive. Maybe no one is really interested in my jewelry and I need to re-think it, I think that the more people I get looking the more success I will have though. I've come to the conclusion it takes a lot of work on the internet and actually getting out in the real world. I also think you need to find your own niche and make it unique, offer something no one else is. That's hard to do with jewelry but I'm a unique individual so my ideas are unique, just like yours can be.

So what do you guys think? What have other people come up with to get people looking at your blogs and sites? Have you had any success? Feel free to post links to your blogs and items. I like helping other people get their names out there as much as I like getting mine out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment