Saturday, January 15, 2011

Featured Artist "GiggleSparkle"

My first featured artist is GiggleSparkle. Just the name makes me smile, plus she has awesome items, check them out. Here's a link to her Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/GiggleSparkle?ref=pr_shop_more

Here's her bio and some pics:

I love crafting.♥

I'm in my early 30s but I still feel like I'm 17 inside ...and on some days even younger as I still have a fondness for all things 80s, especially Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and all the other awesome cartoons, tv shows and music from that era. 

I also love all things cute, especially anthropomorphic animals or Japanese things with smiley faces. I also really like anything with lots of color or sparkle. Some other things I like: hologram stickers, mannequins, hamsters, glitter, snow cones, putting glue on my hands and then peeling it off, and finding rad vintage items at a thrift store or yard sale! 

I try to make crafty things that I think other people will enjoy as much as I do, and I only make things of which I can be proud. That means I might not have as many sales as people selling magnets with sparkly sad vampires on them, but at least I know that my Care Bear magnets will go to a good home :) 

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and for stopping by my shop. xo.


*Ok. If you ask nice I might make you some sad vampire magnets :p

★★★ Giggle Sparkle was recently featured at the Space Invaders show in Santa Barbara! http://www.independent.com/news/2010/aug/19/what-wear-where-shop/ ★★★

★NEW: check out GiggleSparkle.tumblr.com for photos of more projects and works in progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment