Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lack of Online Sales


I've been reading a lot of forum posts about how slow it has been lately for online sales. It kind of makes me think of chicken little running around saying the sky is falling. I understand people worrying, we all need money. I would just like to ask people to take a step back and think outside of themselves for a minute.

First the earthquake in Japan is probably the biggest disaster I can remember, and it looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully some of the lost online sales is due to people donating to help the Japanese people, they need it.

Second, I live in California, gas has just pushed past $4.00 a gallon. I know ours is high and it's not quite that much in other areas of the country but it's still going up everywhere. That means food, utilities, clothing, everything is going up because it's all tied to gas prices.

People are barely making it. Most of them probably don't have the money to buy jewelry or other "luxury" items. Heck, I'm barely making it and I could desperately use some sales to help pay my bills. What I'm going to do instead of freaking out is start donating some of my items to local charities that are doing silent auctions and things like that. I figure it will help get my name out there plus it will help some local charities. I'm not in a financial position to send money to Japan, I wish I was, but I figure I can do something to help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment