Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Steampunk, Neo-Victorian Necklace, Brooch and Earring Set

My first set of jewelry. These are the result of a mistake, I got the brass filigree pieces for something else that didn't work out. I decided to practice and see what heat would do to the brass and was very pleased with the results, I then sealed it and started putting together the necklace. I had some old lapel pins of my mother's I was going to try and sell on Ebay but they matched the look I was trying to achieve so I added them along with some beads and some silver hearts from an old bracelet. I had one more piece of brass filigree so I decided to make a brooch, I added a watch face and some brass chain. I then used some of the same charms that are on the necklace and added some hearts I found in an old sewing kit and made the earrings. The necklace has a copper hook closure. This is a new direction I'm going in trying to go for quality rather than quantity. I am very happy with the results. If you decide to experiment with heat make sure you use the proper safety gear, something to cover your nose and mouth and something to keep from burning your hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment